EAST TENNESSEE EYE SURGEONS COVID-19 PRACTICE GUIDELINES
- As of May 4, 2020, we are reopening our clinics in both Powell and Sevierville for eye care services. The optical shop will reopen by appointment only, May 4, and will increase to normal operations as advised by the CDC and local government to meet social distancing guidelines.
- Elective surgeries will resume the week of May 11.
- Patients and guests must wear a mask or face covering based on state health recommendations.
- We are ensuring slit lamp protective shields are always used.
- Changes in our patient flow to minimize crowding, limiting visitors allowed in our lobby and planning for social distancing in our waiting area, you and/or your guest may be asked to wait in your car. You can be given a pager, or we can call you on your cell phone when we’re ready to begin your eye exam.
- ALL patients and guests will be screened for coronavirus risk factors using the CDC guidelines upon arrival to our office to ensure contamination within the office is minimized. Temperatures will be taken.
- Employees will continually wipe down high-touch areas to include check-in and check-out areas, chairs, countertops, exam rooms, phones, computers, and door handles. Exam rooms (equipment and furniture) will be wiped down with a FDA-approved disinfectant after each visit.
- Restrooms will be sanitized more frequently, and supplies will be restocked as needed including soap and paper towels.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the check-in and check-out areas to remind everyone to practice proper hand hygiene.